The Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes Institute's Board of Advisors includes industry leaders and nationally-recognized scholars. The institute will work closely with its advisors for guidance in pursuit of market-centric research, national funding and industry partnership and funding opportunities. The board will meet with the institute team quarterly and will spend time with individual institute members on key projects as determined. Board members, who will serve three-year terms, also may participate in future public forums.
Board of Advisors members are:
- Diran Apelian, Alcoa-Howmet Professor of Engineering and director of the Metal Processing Institute, Worcester Polytechnic Institute. He is a member of the National Academy of Engineering.
- Subhash Mahajan, distinguished professor of materials science and engineering and special adviser to the chancellor, University of California – Davis. He is a member of the National Academy of Engineering.
- Kevin T. Slattery, chief scientist of metals, ceramics and mechanical parts, Boeing Research & Technology.
- James Withers, chief executive officer, Materials and Electrochemical Research Corporation.
- Jeffrey Zabinski, director of the Weapons and Materials Research Directorate, Army Research Laboratory.